Sunday 11 May 2008

well done Saffy

I am so pleased for her.......not just getting to the final, having beaten Justine Henin and Serena Williams on the way, but beating Elena Dementieva in three sets to be the champion.

Here's hoping this is just the beginning for her......

Meanwhile Amelie has had to pull out of next week's Rome tournament, still with the rib injury; I am so sad for her, and hope she can somehow get well and back to form, and confidence. How I'd love to have her win Roland Garros......

Listening to Elton John just now, and remembering going to see him in Glasgow, many years ago, a midnight concert on my birthday that year. Birthday approaching this year......funny thinking back on all that time ago. Seems like someone else in many ways.

Some great concert memories......David Bowie in his Ziggy Stardust years, Leonard Cohen(three times), Jethro Tull(Ian Anderson inspired me to learn to play the flute), the Kinks, Run Rig, lots more.....

a wish list of those I'd like to see and some I wish I'd seen:
Leonard Cohen(again)
Melissa Etheridge
kd lang
U2
John Lennon
Madness
Tom Robinson
George Michael
Queen(with Freddie Mercury of course)
Jussi Bjorling
Cecilia Bartoli
Abba
Scissor Sisters
Rufus Wainwright
Bob Dylan
Dory Previn
Randy Edelman
Birgit Nilsson

No comments: