Wednesday 23 July 2008

pinwheel lapghan, smelly sock, and dungbeetle scarf......


here's a picture of the pinwheel lapghan for my friend....picture doesn't so it justice wither colour or size wise: it's much bigger than it looks.

Lorna's Laces Happy Valley with a Periwinkle edging, and a single crochet happy valley to finish off.




and here's the wee catnip and valerian filled Lorna's Laces sock :)
For some reason this has typed in unerlined, and in pink...no idea why......

and this afternoon I wound a ball of laceweight alpaca - Mama Ocllo baby alpaca, beautifully soft, but oooooo the colour......I must have bought it in a sale I think; found it in my stash, and it is just the right thing for making the Pawprint Scarf before attempting the shawl, apart from the colour: I'm very much a bright colour gal - especially red; and this is called 'moss' but the name which springs to mind is dung beetle......could be why it was in a sale.. :)

and when it's all rolled into a ball, well, it looks just like the ball of dung that a dung beetle rolls.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely pinwheel, lapghan! Are you doing anything for ravelympics?