Friday 22 February 2008

socks for Amelie

at last.....pictures of the socks I made as a tribute/homage to my shero Amelie Mauresmo......they have been finished for a little while but I've only just managed to get pictures of them; I'd hoped to get better pictures, but these are better than nothing. I loved making them, and the colour is a graded shaded corally peachy shade......the nearest I could get to match the colour of the outfit she wore during the season when she won Wimbledon......

Here they are:



I took quite a few pictures but these two were the only ones which showed the shading clearly....on my feet :)

The pictures of just the sock(minus foot) showed the knitting quite well, but I'm glad just to have managed something.

The wool(yarn) was Trekking, have mislaid the ball band but the shade was something like 151; done on two circulars - I began on dpns and changed to two circs as I learned that method on another project and took to it like the proverbial duck to water. Size 2.75.
Bold
The fit me beautifully, and feel very comfortable.

In fact this is the very first PAIR I have ever completed, so I'm quite pleased with myself.

I've read that Amelie is feeling quite down at the moment, having lost in the Doha tournament mid-week, and I hope that in some way sending out 'sock vibes' might help a little.......sounds daft, but you never know. I made them with love and admiration, and sending feelings like that out can only be good.

(I also took pictures of some other things I have on the go but the pictures of everything else didn't turn out.......temperamental camera.......)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

very pretty socks!

Unknown said...

ta da da da! Congratulations and Jubilations. Terrific colour.
(I like ABBA too)

Anonymous said...

Nice socks! And, I believe you may be helping Amelie, you know, sending positive energy and love, it always helps, even if it's indirectly.

Lou said...

Glad to see you are back with us Claire! Those socks are a real triumph!

Anonymous said...

Hehe, Claire, your socks are becoming popular! :) I linked to them in my post about Amelie (at Women's Tennis Blog), and now there's a photo of them at Tennis Served Fresh. Have you seen it?

Diane said...

Great socks. And a tribute to a great player!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous colour. Well done.

n

Anonymous said...

Well done on the socks! And what a great 'corally' colour!

Julie said...

Very lovely socks