Thursday 24 January 2008

not walking, but knitting........

the last time, thirteen years ago, the lovely old cat who left was helped away not by me: this was the first time I have ever done this, and it's brought another layer of 'something' on top of the grief. I can't put it into words except to say it's another layer of pain.

that last time, I used to go out walking a lot, and that helped a bit - now, however, circumstances are different, and I'm not able to do that; today I went on a mini 'frenzy' of finishing knitting in progress......got through three socks, two of which are the Amelie Mauresmo pair - I hope to try to get some pictures of them soon but for now I'm pleased to have them finished. And it's actually the first PAIR I have finished.

also had a good sort through my knitting needles, and tried to be ruthless, and sent away a big box full of needles and wool, to be knitted for charity things.........thanks to Lou of the Loving Hands Charity Knitting Group in Kelty for that: and a very special thank you to her as there is some Rainbow coloured wool in the package which I asked if she'd mind being made into cat blankets in Rainbow's memory: and not only did she not mind, she thought it was a lovely idea.

I couldn't have faced doing that myself right now, and hope to do some cat blankets when my head cleared a bit........

so, knitting rather than walking, but trying to keep putting one foot in front of the other. Like John Lennon said, "Whatever gets you through the night....." ...or day........

2 comments:

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

what you have to think about is that rainbow didn't suffer thanks to you . Good luck on the knitting frenzy, I am busy in different socks myself:))
sending healing hugs

Lou said...

I have already started Rainbows blanket - it is coming ou lovely - I will post photos on the Loving Hands Blog and Forum for you when it is done :0) I am coming to terms very slowly with having to help my poor old boy on his way on Friday - the vet was amazing she was so kind and took her time so he wouldn't worry or be uncomfortable - I can only bless her for that - what a lovely wee girl she is. Now though I am left with this huge gap in my life where he used to be and the other two dogs and our cat are very lost as well. I thin when I finish making this memory blanket for Rainbow I will use some of the BIG wool that Rowan donated to us last year to make one in memory of Chance for our local dog shelter (where he came from over 10 years ago!). It is very therapeutic. Thank you for all your donated items and rest assured that we will put them all to good use here at Loving Hands - nothing ever gets wasted!