Saturday 12 January 2008

ought - schmought!

thanks for the reassurance, spinningfishwife, and also for the image: I shall tuck that away in my mental filing cabinet and pull it out whenever I need a chuckle :)

years ago I had a friend, long gone, a lovely lady much older in years but not in spirit, and I learned a lot from her; in particular, I remember her saying that when the word 'ought' came to mind, it usually meant I should stop and think about why I was going to do whatever it was: was it what I really wanted to do?

Her name was Nina, so I think I'll try to make a pattern and call it after her...she'd have appreciated that. I can almost hear her voice saying , 'Yes, dear', the way she used to, and smiling at me......

thanks for that, spinning fw: it was nice in many ways.......reassurance, recognition, and good memories.....

2 comments:

Claire said...

I really like your blog. I do hope you do more of what you want to do instead of what you ought to do. As for the relationship you had to sever, I do hope it works out for the best for YOU.

On another note, do you know where I can get some plain good quality fansticks? I have some patterns to crochet fans but I need the framework.

Claire from Sacramento

Herzblut said...

so glad you like it......really nice to hear that; makes me feel good! Thanks for the backing, abd the reassurance.

I shall see what I can find out about fansticks...used to =be a bobbin lacemaker, and they're made for them.....