Saturday 10 November 2007

Knit Picks

arrived today......were on back order, and I'm trying to decide what to start - sock? Sock? Sock? Sock.......now which one.......

I love the purple cords on them.......am 'itching' to get started but want to make sure I'm doing something on the 'to do' list, rather than just grabbing whatever and having a bash - a little patience, and thought.......

meantime, making headway on my Amelie Mauresmo socks(named for her as they are in a gorgeous shade of salmon/peach/coral, which was her last season's shade of outfit) ......turned the heel yesterday, picked up the stitches, and am ready for the next bit......

I really must bash on with them, as I've also got the wool to make a pair in the colours she was wearing earlier in the year - cerise (nearest shade on the colour picker - darker than that)with lemon piping.......I love colour........

all of this is helping keep the mind and body gently occupied......keeping the 'demons' at bay, or at least at arms length, and my thoughts focused......

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I use Addi, Hiya Hiya, Clover and KnitPicks. I think KnitPicks are the best.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see a photo of these Mauresmo socks (to link to on my blog)!

Heather said...

Knit Picks? Lucky wee midden ;) Mine are on my Xmas wish list....

Love the Tabby Feet!

Ruth said...

I tried to email you but it didn't go through. So here's what I said.

My husband talks Klingon with lots of spitting and
guttural sounds. He sounds as if he has a strange
disease of the vocal chords!

I loved Star Trek, but hated the very last season. It
was so dumb and I didn't like the characters. My
favorite is Voyager. Resistance is futile!

It was a good day to dye: I did up 3 skeins. I'll
probably stick them on my etsy site on Monday, because
they'll never be ready for tomorrow.

Now I have to go out in the disgusting weather to the Post
Office.

You're going to love Ravelry, although you won't be
able to get any knitting done because you'll spend so
much time on it.

Ruth