Sunday 18 November 2007

a scarf, blogging, and ravelry

just finished a scarf....a plain old k1p1 rib scarf....oh my, how difficult :)

But a very good project for 'mindful mindless knitting', just to keep my hands busy, and my thoughts just centred enough to help them stop wandering, to help me not to dwell on the last week's emotional crap.

(having decided to take the middle way, and take a break of several months from the person I've mentioned before(rather than completely cutting off contact, or doing nothing......a compromise)I did what I had to do, mid week, and have found myself emotionally drained and just a bit lost since then. And physically tired, so very very tired......

so the scarf has been a very good thing indeed. Finished it tonight. Regia cotton surf color, shades of blue, for a friend, and I'm doing a matching one in browns for his partner.

The Regia was absolutely wonderful to work with - soft and gentle and nothing like I've found cotton previously. Beautiful - would recommend it. But I'm a big fan of Regia in general.

And if I can concentrate to manage, I'd like to do a wee coat for their dog - a Yorkie. I've got some Noro in a lovely shade of red which would make up quickly and I think it would suit her very well.

Blogging is lovely: not just writing, but looking for and choosing little bits and pieces to make it look welcoming and attractive. I'm just starting out, and it takes time - time which I enjoy; it's new, and fresh, and interesting.

So.......I signed up for Ravelry a while back, got my invite yesterday, and have signed in......but having had a quick look, I'll just be browsing a little there for now. I wanted to see what it was like, and maybe I will do more there sometime, but for now blogging is my new thing to learn, and if I add Ravelry to that I'll never get any knitting done, and that's a no-no.......

so I'm off to knit a bit - Amelie sock, I think, plus a bit of the second scarf. That, with Melissa Etheridge in my earphones, makes for a peaceful feeling.

My favourite has just started......."Silent Legacy".........

1 comment:

Tenna Draper said...

cb--what's your ravelry name, so I can link to you as my buddy...

I'm drapert on ravelry